Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here in Utah

My kids and I finally made it to Utah. I can't believe how much stuff I packed and brought with me on this trip. I had one big suit case, a carry on sized suit case, a co-sleeper (basically like a pack and play... for Natalie to sleep in), two car seats, a double stroller, a diaper bag, and a backpack. Everyone at the airport probably thought I was crazy. Jocelyn also had her own little backpack filled with toys and coloring books. I have been stressing about this trip for weeks and it turned out fine. We woke up at 4 AM and drove into the Chicago Midway airport. We left around 5:15 AM and got there around 7:20 AM and my flight was at 8:40 AM. We didn't think that traffic would be that bad, but I was glad that we made it with enough time to go through security. The nice thing was that we didn't have to wait too long before boarding the plane. I packed plenty of snacks to eat on the plane and had my laptop with me so the kids could watch the Wiggles and Finding Nemo. We arrived in Salt Lake about 40 minutes early. It was great that we got there early, but Valeria didn't know it was going to arrive early so we had to wait about 40 minutes before she would get to the airport. So I was planning on having Valeria there to help me get the luggage, but since she wasn't going to be there I had Jocelyn help me push the cart with all the luggage piled on top. It was pretty funny. I eventually just had to push the cart so far and then come push the stroller so far.... and so forth until I got to the benches to sit and wait for Valeria to come.
Valeria finally got to the airport and we were able to load and fit everything in her CRV. Valeria was nice enough to make us some yummy quesadillas filled with some cafe rio sweet pork. All of us were starving!!! The girls actually took a short nap in the car so they didn't nap during the afternoon. Natalie was so tired by late afternoon so we both took an hour nap while Jocelyn stayed up and played with Valeria.
Natalie still has stranger anxiety so if I ever leave the room or even set her down she starts crying and freaking out. Hopefully she will warm up to my side of the family soon.
My mom also made a great dinner for us last night. Thai food!!! We had some pineapple shrimp fried rice, pad thai, and tum yum soup! I was definitely spoiled last night and ate too much.
The girls were so tired and fell asleep pretty fast. The only bad thing is that it doesn't matter what time Natalie goes to bed, she always wakes up around 5:30 AM Illinois time... which means that she was up at 4:30 AM Utah time and didn't fall back asleep. Hopefully she will adjust with the new time change in Utah.
Well it is beautiful here and I love the view here in my parent's home.

No comments: