Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rough Day

It was a tough day, but I made it through. I had some cranky kids and teething baby today. Jocelyn had a peeing accident today while wearing a tutu... it's frustrating because she rarely has these accidents and today she totally soaked her pants. It's probably because she isn't feeling the greatest right now. Anyway, some of the things I tired to do to keep them and me happy was bubbles. At first Natalie wasn't too sure if she liked them, but after seeing Jocelyn going around popping them she thought it was funny and got into popping the bubbles too. I also took out our bag of jackets out of storage. It is starting to get cold here and we are heading to Utah next week so I thought it might be a good idea to see if we have everything we need. Luckily we have enough warm jackets to last us through this winter. Which is good because then I won't be so tempted to go to Old Navy and buy the girls some cute winter jackets that are on sale for 50% and I have an additional 30% off too... Oh well, we don't need them. After trying on jackets with the kids, we decided to keep our jackets on and go out for a walk. The kids loved it. Natalie didn't have any socks or shoes on because she never keeps them on. Good thing her feet weren't that cold. She actually liked it and thought it was fun to be barefoot. Jacob had a long day today too. He just started going half days at his clinic today. The first half of the day he is in classes and then drives about 25 minutes to his clinic where he spends the rest of his day there. So he left at 7:30 AM and didn't get home until a little after 6:30 PM. At least the kids were able to see him a little bit in the morning and ate dinner with him.
I made some of my mom's yummy Vietnamese style beef stew tonight for dinner. It was pretty easy and I got most of it done in the morning and had it stewing in the pot for the rest of the day. Good thing dinner was easy tonight. Jocelyn had a fever of 101 yesterday and is fine today, but she was still kind of irritable today. I think she is okay though. I'm going to be taking her to the doctor on Monday to get her flu shot and to meet our new doctor. Natalie is getting bigger too. I can't believe next month she will be one!!! They are growing up so fast.
Anyway, a hard day turned out still to be a good and productive day.

No comments: