Monday, May 24, 2010

Smoothie

It has been pretty muggy and humid here in Rockford, IL. Perfect weather for smoothies! I made one yesterday for a snack for the girls. It turned out great and Jacob even said it reminded him of Jamba Juice (which we don't have here in Rockford). This smoothie is great for me because there are no dairy products used! And this is a great way for the kids to get their serving of fruit. Here is what I put in our smoothie:

We have a magic bullet so we just put it straight into the cup we drink out of... so I don't really have any real measurements.

2-3 big frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
a handful of frozen grapes (I used both red and green grapes)

Put into blender and fill it half way with water and then pour in juice until the fruit is all covered. I used Welch's 100% white grape pomegranate juice. The girls and Jacob totally downed the whole smoothie... at least I was able to get a couple of sips in between their sips. =)

No comments: